December 3 2014
The National Broadband Network will continue its rollout on the Mid-North Coast with a further 4,400 homes and business to be connected over the next 18 months.
Federal Member for Lyne David Gillespie said Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull had been working hard to fix the botched rollout of the NBN since the election.
“We had areas in our electorate that were not scheduled to get the NBN for another ten years. However thanks to Malcolm’s hard work and determination, we are resolving many of the problems that have been highlighted and the timetable for the rollout has altered dramatically,” Dr Gillespie said.
“Some works have either just been finished or are now underway in the Gloucester, Manning and parts of the Hastings area, and I am delighted the Camden Haven, Wauchope and Harrington is part of the next phase of the NBN rollout here in the Lyne electorate.”
Residents and businesses in the Camden Head, Dunbogan, Kendall, Kew, Lakewood, Laurieton, North Haven, West Haven, Harrington and Wauchope will be able to access the NBN at the completion of this next phase of the rollout.”
Since the election, the NBN has more than doubled the reach of its network. Nationwide, 1.2 million homes and businesses can now connect to the NBN or have work underway in their area.
Mr Turnbull said the release of new sites for build to commence was delivering on the Coalition Government’s promise to get the rollout back on track.
“When we came into Government, one of our chief priorities was to get this rollout completed sooner, cheaper for taxpayers and more affordably for consumers,” Mr Turnbull said.
NBN Co provides monthly updates on its website showing areas that have reached build preparation, build commencement and that are ready for service.
Residents can check their suburb at www.nbnco.com.au/rolloutplan